Thursday, December 24, 2009
Anyway, I would like to wish you all very merry Christmas, and may you enjoy the rest of the season!
Friday, November 27, 2009
But in the fun of all these things I often forget the reason for this fabulous season. Jesus, his birth, his life. That is the reason for this season. I know that if I said that the gifts didn't matter I would kind of be lying. I really enjoy them, would I be devastated if we didn't have them sure. But I also know that I can enjoy getting and giving while loving the reason for the season. I am so glad that we have the joy of Christmas. Imagine how boring winter would be if there was no gift shopping, gift wrapping, decorating, or carol singing. I would imagine I would be so sad and bored. Jesus gives the whole season a reason. Sure you can give gifts, sing songs, and decorate, but it isn't half as fun if there is no rhyme or reason to your gift giving, song singing, or decorating. I also really enjoy the reading of the bible story, the contemplating I due daily during the season of Mary. (I just can't figure that one out. ) I also enjoy the few, okay, lots of weeks off.
But in the hustle and bustle I pray that I would not forget why I am here. Praise the Lord for the oppurtunity to live here and celebrate Christmas!
By the by do you like my new background??
Friday, November 6, 2009
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Anywho, I was very excited to find that it is only 7 days away. Although I do not go trick or treating, fratrinze with all the spooky mean scary stuff, I do quite enjoy this time of the year. Last year as you may recall, I was double bad, I used the words halloween and Hillary Clinton in the same post! I went to co-op dressed as Hillary Clinton. Yes it was quite a scary day! But I also had a oddle of fun with my friends later that night. So this year although I will not get to have fun with my friends, I will get to see them 2 days earlier in Bonney Lake. Maybe we can get in our fun then. But I certainly plan to eat lots of candy (Possibly a candy corn!), maybe even watch a horror movie, and all in all have fun with my sisters. I am not sure about dressing up, or even leaving the house, but still I think I will manage to have a fun Hall.. I mean candy holiday. Cannot wait to see fun pictures of small children in adorable costumes. HINT HINT (Aunt Dawn, Clare, Robyn, and Angelina!) Have a fun holiday! (By the way I don't believe in ghosts, but these were just adorable!)
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Saturday, August 29, 2009
- Doesn't drink milk with their cereal! It already has milk in it duh!
- Won't read sad books?? I refuse to read sad books, if someone dies, or if something bad happens I refuse to even consider reading it. That is why at age 13 I seldom read an adult book.
- Can't stand cleaning her room, I would much rather wait until it becomes a health code violation to clean it. I don't mind picking up, but vacuuming and dusting YUK!!
- Would rather die than actually have to open up their science book?
- Thinks that talking on the phone should be a sport?? Yes I talk on the phone all the time!! And if I am not talking on the phone I am e-mailing! BAAA-D habit! But thankfully my friends love me anyway!
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
I also was reading somethings about Billy Mays who also died as of late. He was a excellent salesmen and a pretty cool guy. I was talking to my sister and we both said what a tragedy this was. How awful it'll be to have no one to yell at me on commercial breaks!! But still the hurt in the lives of his family and friends must be terrible. His memory will live in many hearts. But just as I am not sure of Michael Jackson's decision in they way of God, I don't know about Billy Mays or his family. But I will be praying that through this their families will find our God.
There will be a lot of hurting in this current month and months to come. Please be praying for these families and friends.
Sunday, June 7, 2009
But I mourn for those left behind, I realize that we need to get out and evangalize more than before. We need to get people to understand what is going to happen if they don't turn their lives over to God. I feel like I should be telling people of Jesus every where, with what I do, say, and the way that I live. It is us Christians responsiblity to show people the love of Christ. It is so important that they know what they are turning down when they refuse Christ. Everyone deserves a chance to know Jesus and to have a personal realtionship with the Creator. Jesus says that we need to be disicples, and that means telling everyone of the love of Jesus. We are all sinners saved by grace, extend that to someone else. Don't hide the greatest thing in the world, because you think others will make fun of you. Would you rather someone go to a pit of burning fire or you be laughed at?? We need to get out there and share even though some may scoff or laugh at you, you can be assured that you will have a jewel in your crown for sharing with them!! I want you to know that Jesus is the risen savior and that is the most important thing you can share with anyone.
We frequently see things like 'Help feed hungry kids in Africa' that is a wonderful thing, but are we only fulfilling their physical needs, we need to fill their spiritual needs. Jesus is the bread of life, and He will supply all their needs. So we can help, but let us help by giving them the Bread of Life, by giving them Jesus, by showing them that they can be filled!! My prayer is that we would not be ashamed of the gospel of Christ, but that we would go and be missionaries, pastors, and most importantly sowers of the seeds of Jesus!! So contemplate as you go through your day how you can share with someone you know the gospel of Christ. Because that is the most fulfilling thing you can do for yourself and them.
Monday, May 18, 2009
Rufus though reminds me of how God takes care of us. Just like I take care of Rufus, God takes care of me. Although I am a person with feelings, thoughts, and needs. Rufus is a water balloon, he cannot think, talk, or even move. So though a poor analogy I think that it is important to see God in all things. I realize that Rufus is a balloon, I am a person, and God is God, we all have different was that we work and make things better. Rufus gives me enjoyment, I can share that enjoyment with others by filling other balloons and handing them out, and God can show me that this enjoyment came from Him, that He is the one who created balloons and water!
So there you go, a nice little post that is about Rufus my new friend. I throughly enjoy Rufus, because when I ask him questions he never gives me stupid advice!!! Oh and he is pretty low mataince! I hope you too can find some little thing in life to adopt and let bring you happiness!
Saturday, May 9, 2009
- I love Summer Time!!!!! (AHHH SUN!!)
- TEXAS!!!!!!!! I can't wait until I can live there. My mom was talking to Robyn who says that it was 90 degress the other day!!! How wonderful!!
- The smell of old books. I was packing some old medical texts of my dads, and they smelled so fun. Kind of musty, and dusty!
- Flip-flops!! I think I must have at least 20 pairs!! Even though I only get to wear them like 3 weeks out of the year. (Well, if I wear them when most normal people do. I don't!!)
- Exclamation points!! Who needs periods??? Just write like you are talking with a reason or possibly yelling?!??!
- Hold My Heart by 10Th Avenue North. It is a song, and I love it!!!
- Target!! My favorite store in the whole world!!
- E-MAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know what I would do without it, I never have to call anyone unless I want to!!!!!
- 18 Kids and Counting! Such a wonderful show, I could never be like them!!!
- Checking the Mail! Don't ask me why, but I do this everyday, and love it!!
Okay random list. I am probably so weird!! But I know everyone loves me anyway!!:)
Friday, April 24, 2009
P.S. Clare I promise that I will have a post about you sometime!!!
Monday, April 20, 2009
- I got to spend the night with my friends Angelina and Alyssa.
- I am going to be in a play called a Hairy Tale.
- My few surviving tulips have blossomed!
- The weather has been beautiful!!! (80 degrees yesterday!!!!)
- I have stayed on track with my math!!!! (Yeah for me!!)
- I got a new Bible. I am happy because this one is much smaller than the one I had before!
- I got a ton of new clothes for Easter, and because a lot of cute things have gone on sale!
That's it for my uneventful, very boring, so non fun, and really unintresting post! Thanks for reading, all my wonderful friends and family.
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Count your blessings, name the one by one, count your blessings see what God has done! What little words that so often I forget, when I have a bad day, when I see someone with more than me, when I have to drink water and not soda, do I ever stop to realize that someone out there has so much less?? I guess that what I am trying to say is that I realized that God gives me blessings and that I need to take them into account and thank Him for them!
I earned 825 dollars for the 30 Hour Famine. I am able to feed 2 kids for more than a year!! $1 can feed a child for a day. If you would like to figure out more about this or donate to it just go to www.30hourfamine.org. I really appreciate all that everyone donated. Because I know that 2 kids will get to see another year of their life. This was such an amazing oppurtunity for me to realize that so little can do so much!!!
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Sunday, March 1, 2009
- You can play sock basket go fish if you have another person willing to help you. Essentially you just play the card game go fish with socks instead of cards.
- You can sort all the socks in to piles such as plain white, colored, brown, dark, and other types.
- You can simply pick out 3 or 4 socks and search for their mate until you find it or your eyes begin to blister from searching.
So that is my terrible saga about how much I hate searching through mismatched socks!!! (Now maybe you too can have a more enjoyable time of doing this terrible task!)
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Sunday, February 8, 2009
1. Christ!-He is the one that keeps me from going crazy on days. Sometimes I just want to pull my hair out, and I don't even have kids yet!!!
2. Carbohydrates-I know that one was kinda weird, but I can't find any other way to make food into a "C" word! I LOVE food!!!
3. Children-As in babies, I am still a kid after all. I love little kids. I got to help out one Sunday with the 3 year old class, I loved it!
4. Carson's- As in my baby Carson. I have pictures of him on my phone and love him to death!!!
5. Colorado- I love their beautiful mountains!!! And my best friend lives there, So does my baby Carson!!!
That is my fun little lists. I really would love if someone would do "D" cause then it could be like a whole chain!!!
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Friday, January 30, 2009
I LOVE SCRAPBOOKING!!!!!!
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
- I am starting Ice Skating in February
- Acts is restarting
- Awana Bible Quizzing is coming up soon!
So those are my fun things I got to come home to. My friends have all been very excited that I am home. My mom was super sweet, she said that she had a doctors appiontment while I was gone and she cried because I couldn't go with her. (I ALWAYS go to the doc with my mom.) Thats my fun post.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Sunday, January 11, 2009
The Rockies are breathtaking, they reminded me of how God is so huge He is bigger than even these beautiful mountains. I am so glad to finally be with my best friend McKenzie. We have had a lot of fun together. Today we made cards for a woman who has cancer at McKenzie's church. McKenzie is very close to her. It was a lot of fun, especially since we knew that is would make someone feel better in their heart even though it might not heal their sickness. We are having a splendid time together. On the first day I hugged her and said "It's so nice to hug you since I can't over the phone!" We have mostly talked over the phone and via email. It was fun to see how much the people here have changed since I was here last 2 years ago! I liked seeing some of the people I remembered from so many years ago. It has always amazed me at the way so many of the elderly people remembered me, but I had absolutely no idea who they were!!! Many of them reminded me of how they remembered me when i just "this big!" Making a motion with their hand to their knee indicating my height from many years back. That was fun. I am so excited to be back. I made many fun memories here, but remembering them is the most fun! I am so glad to be back in Colorado!!!!!!