Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Gardening is Fun!!

I love gardening. I am not really sure why, because I am not one for outside or getting messy. But last year I grew tomatoes, they were really fun. We got to eat a few. This year I am growing tulips and some other really pretty flower. I think that it is all such great fun, I loved planting them. Sadly though some of the tulips were rotten. I think that watering them is my favorite part. I think it is so fun to watch as they drink up all the water that you give to them. I decided to make bees my background because they will definitely help to pollinate my flowers. I really like gardening because you can see the fruit of your work when fall comes along. You can see them growing during spring and summer, but you don't get to see the actual product until fall comes. I am excited to do flowers this time though because they will bloom and grow much faster than any veggies or fruits do. I am really excited about our new big yard, my mom says that I can have a much bigger garden than the little tiny bucket on the back porch which is currently my garden. When I planted the flowers we didn't have quite enough soil so I had to press them in really far, it was fun though beacuse I watered them before I realized this so I got to play in the mud!!! Which is kind of little boyish, but I liked it. I can't wait to see if anything will come of my hard work and toil.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I am glad you like gardening. I used to do it so much more than now, but am anxious to see what we can grow in our new yard. Every plant seems to be a testimony to a God who loves us. MOM

Rachel said...

I love the looks/results of a garden as well, but I don't really have a green thumb. I think I'm afraid of over-watering so I don't give them enough water.