Sunday, March 1, 2009

STINKING UN-MATCHING SOCKS!!!

Angry Kelly is very angry. Today I got assigned the hateful task of matching up socks that previous laundry persons have failed to match!! Yeah, not fun!! We have a basket and when you fold a basket of laundry you almost always come across those terrible socks that have no mate. You then place them in the sock basket and continue putting away the rest of the laundry in the basket. You never realize that by doing such an easy thing you are creating a 20 to hour project for some other unspecting undeserving soul to have to attend to. You sit on the living room floor and dump out the basket. You may immediately notice 3 or 4 pairs that are easy to match. You being searching through the 2 foot high pile for other matches. You have many ways to make doing this slightly hateful task more enjoyable.

  1. You can play sock basket go fish if you have another person willing to help you. Essentially you just play the card game go fish with socks instead of cards.
  2. You can sort all the socks in to piles such as plain white, colored, brown, dark, and other types.
  3. You can simply pick out 3 or 4 socks and search for their mate until you find it or your eyes begin to blister from searching.

So that is my terrible saga about how much I hate searching through mismatched socks!!! (Now maybe you too can have a more enjoyable time of doing this terrible task!)

2 comments:

Clare said...

Oh, Kelly, you have mastered the art of writing without periods-you just use exclamation points! I knew when I grew up I would never have mate-less socks. I would always keep them together. Oh, how those words have come back to haunt me! Joel says we can just blame it on the sock-eating Gremlins that live in the dryer vent!

Rachel said...

I tried the sock basket thing for a short while but it wasn't effective for me. I work better to place the mismatched socks in the appropriate person's drawer, and then take the mates around until they match up.

I guess we could do the Grams' thing and buy those little plastic do-dads that hook 'em together before they go in the wash?! Nah!!!!