Saturday, February 14, 2009

YEAH FOR BIBLE QUIZZING!!!

I WON!!!! I can't believe it, I took 3rd in the prelims!! But I told myself and team that we were going to take home nothing less than the 1st place trophy!! We managed to cream in the finals. A really great team took home 1st in the prelim, and I was sure that they were going to win in finals. But no they actually did a good job in finals, just not quite good enough. (No bragging meant!) I was nervous, all of our Journey teams were watching, we were up against 5 other of the best teams in the state. We got over 17o points!! My team consited of my friends Emily, Mary, and Alec. We have a 12 chapter book, that we have to memorize all of. Emily had 1.1-1.3, Mary had 1.4-1.6, I had 1.7-1.8, and Alec had 1.10-1.12. We all knew our stuff, Mary knew almost everyones verses, plus her own. I knew most of the word definitions, and Emily did refrences. When we all worked together, we did great. I think that if it weren't for all the pushing our wonderful coaches did, we would never had done so good. I also had the encouragement of my great friends Alyssa and Angelina. My realitives also did a wonderful job of cheering me on. Our great coaches were My mom, Mr. Brad our Trek director, and Ms. Liz a great lady who also works in Trek. I answered 2 in a row and then forgot, and one of the rules is that you cannot answer 3 in a row. So I got one of my questions incorrect because I had answered to many. So then our wonderful mic guy would remind us of who could go and who couldn't!! We all thanked him afterwards. It was so great to work so hard and get a reward, but I can't wait even more for our rewards in Heaven for putting so much effort into memorizing the words of our LORD. I am so happy with my team and myself. I am so HAPPY!!! Sometime I will have to get a picture of my teams trophy! I am so HAPPY!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

That's awesome Kels. You know, math and history may or may not come in handy throughout your life, but the Word of our Lord will not return void! I'm so proud of you!!!

Clare said...

I am so proud of you! I thought I had left a comment earlier, that is why I am so late. I wished that I had been there-I find quizzing to be nerve-wracking and I am not even a contestant! You did so good!