Sunday, January 11, 2009

COLORADO!!!

I've finally reached Colorado, I was amazed at how different it is from my home!
The Rockies are breathtaking, they reminded me of how God is so huge He is bigger than even these beautiful mountains. I am so glad to finally be with my best friend McKenzie. We have had a lot of fun together. Today we made cards for a woman who has cancer at McKenzie's church. McKenzie is very close to her. It was a lot of fun, especially since we knew that is would make someone feel better in their heart even though it might not heal their sickness. We are having a splendid time together. On the first day I hugged her and said "It's so nice to hug you since I can't over the phone!" We have mostly talked over the phone and via email. It was fun to see how much the people here have changed since I was here last 2 years ago! I liked seeing some of the people I remembered from so many years ago. It has always amazed me at the way so many of the elderly people remembered me, but I had absolutely no idea who they were!!! Many of them reminded me of how they remembered me when i just "this big!" Making a motion with their hand to their knee indicating my height from many years back. That was fun. I am so excited to be back. I made many fun memories here, but remembering them is the most fun! I am so glad to be back in Colorado!!!!!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

It's so nice to see dreams come true. Colorado is definitely beautiful. Now you know why Katherine Lee Bates penned the words to "America" there.

Clare said...

I am mostly just glad you came to visit me! Nice of you to mention your old sister in your post-just teasing you. :) I hope you had fun with me, too.

Kenz said...

I'm so glad your finally here! see ya today!