Friday, April 24, 2009

Thank You Robyn!!!

Today I talk to my fantastic sister Robyn!! (All I want out of life is to be just like her!!!) I was a little upset because of my size, I am 5 ft. and 105 pounds. My dear sister Katy is 5.5 and is 101 pounds! She can wear a size 0 I cannot, I tried a skirt of hers on and could barely breathe!! Plus being an emotional eater, having a bad week, and Easter candy sitting on a kitchen counter don't mix!!! So I knew that me and Robyn have the same body shape so I figured that she would be the best person in the world for advice on being upset about sizes and shapes. When your 12 looks and size matter, they shouldn't, but they do! When all your friends are stick thin and little tiny and make you feel fat, it is hard. But having a sister who reminds you that it'll get better and that some boys like girls who aren't stick thin makes all those dumb thoughts seem, well, dumb! She also reminded me that God made me perfect and that I am fearfully and wonderfully made! I love my sister Robyn. Today has been a great day! Thanks Robyn! (Now all I have to do is convince my dad to let me get a cat! Pretty sure that won't go over well, But I can try!)

P.S. Clare I promise that I will have a post about you sometime!!!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Kels, it took me a loooong time to learn (in fact, I'm still learning) that when we compare ourselves to others it only hurts us because we're not seeing ourselves how God sees us. God loves us, no matter our size. You are a beautiful young woman, no matter what tag on the back of your clothes read :)

Lisa said...

Kels, I am glad you were consoled by Robyn. I would think at your age you would have many other things to think about besides your waist size, but if you want to think about that and it bothers you then I have a solution. It is my solution for most of life's trials. Stay active. Last time I checked household chores burn quite a few calories. See mom for a complete list. :)

Clare said...

For some reason I missed this post. Don't worry, I am not offended you posted about Robyn. I am pretty fond of her myself...:) I think you are beautiful. Be healthy because you want to be healthy, not because you want to be thin. Truly, the grass is always greener and just because you were "skinny" as a teenager doesn't mean you will be a thin adult (see me for an example) so I am sure the reverse is true, too! Anyway, I love you and think you are wonderful. Keep it up!