Saturday, August 22, 2009

Ready? Set? SCHOOL!!

Okay, that fabulous time of year has arrived. That time when things go back to normal, and a pace you know and enjoy. September!! This is one of 4 months in my life when things aren't so crazy. School has it's schedule, church has another, plus co-op. So as summer slows down, I realize how much I love to get back into the regular routine. The routine of math, English, history, social studies, science (yuk!), and reading! I love summer, and all the excitement, and enjoyment it brings to me. But I also must admit to loving school, fall, that candy holiday in October, and most of all THANKSGIVING!!  When I ponder how much I have done during the summer, I begin to be glad that I'll have more time to blog, hurry my book along, and stare out the window at the falling leaves. How much time I will have to do that is yet to be discovered, but it will be more than in summer, that is for sure. Sure I'll miss running from city to city, relative to relative, and fun thing to fun thing. But I won't miss never being at home, and not being able to chill with my notebook and pen. So as fall breeches my senses, and summer fades to my memory, I will stay excited for what mission and plan the Lord has for my life. 

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Isn't it nice when things slow down a bit and schedule becomes routine?! I know I'm looking forward to it! Happy Fall!!!

Clare said...

I love your wallpaper! So very cozy...makes me want a cup of hot cocoa. I love the routine that arrives hand in hand with autumn. I love knowing that I will get to do lots of fun things-on a schedule! I also have to say that I love the dying down of all the crowds. A huge benefit to be a stay-at-home mom (or homeschooled!)is getting to go out when everyone else is at school or work!